RN FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
A Transition-to-Practice Program for Nurses & Rad Techs
Memorial Hermann Health System realizes that nurses are diverse and part of their professional growth, development and interest is learning new areas of clinical practice. The Memorial Hermann RN Fellowship Program was created to provide a structured, comprehensive path for currently licensed, registered nurses to learn and train to deliver quality care in a new nursing specialty practice area.
This year the program has expanded to include a track for rad techs to train in the Cath Lab in addition to the original nursing program.
The Fellowship Program gives nurses and rad techs the opportunity to apply for a fellowship program once each year. Once accepted into the program, the fellowship provides a structured framework in which nurses and rad techs learn and professionally develop to deliver quality care in a new specialty. Similar to the Nurse Residency Program, this transition to practice program provides a pathway for experienced nurses and rad techs looking to enter a new specialty with an evidence-based practice curriculum designed to provide a structured pathway to supplement the competency-based orientation provided in the specialty unit.
Fellowship Specialty Track Areas
- Critical Care (ICU & IMU)
- Emergency Departments
- Cath Lab: nursing & rad techs
- Women's Services (Labor & Delivery/Antepartum & Mother Baby)
- TMC Only: Trauma Services (ICU, IMU, Burns)
- TMC Only: Medicine (MIMU & MICU)
- TIRR Only: Rehab
- Children's Only: Heart Center ICU
- One (1) year of current full-time RN experience
- BSN or higher preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Registered Radiology Technologist from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R)
Additional Information About the Program
- Program Flyer
- Resource Packet & FAQs
- Letter of Recommendation Form
- Still have questions? Email RNFellowshipProgram@memorialhermann.org
A Career with Memorial Hermann
Here, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. You’ll find a range of career opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in healthcare.
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll enjoy a culture of collaboration, compassion and innovation. Other benefits include:
- Certification reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement, as well as education planning and advice
- Student Loan Repayment for degrees earned in the last five years
- Focus on employee wellness & resiliency with enhanced benefits & perks