PROFESSIONAL STUDENT NURSE PROGRAM
A Professional Pathway for Nursing Students
The Memorial Hermann Professional Student Nurse Program (PSN) provides students enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing, or recent graduates (within 120 days), the opportunity to begin working under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) to develop professional nursing skills prior to joining the Memorial Hermann Nurse Residency Program.
Participants in the program have the opportunity to begin developing clinical skills before starting formal clinicals through nursing school, including learning phlebotomy, EKG, therapeutic communication skills and more. Working as part of the care team, PSN participants will assist with patient care and begin performing nursing skills while learning about the unit and team.
Advantages of joining the PSN Program:
- Start building skills before taking the NCLEX
- Flexible schedule and generous hourly rate
- Learn about the patient population you'll care for once you pass your NCLEX
- Meet the team you'll work with and take advantage of the support and career development offered at Memorial Hermann
Want to Learn More?
A Career with Memorial Hermann
Here, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. You’ll find a range of career opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in healthcare.
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll enjoy a culture of collaboration, compassion and innovation. Other benefits include:
- Certification reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement, as well as education planning and advice
- Student Loan Repayment for degrees earned in the last five years
- Focus on employee wellness & resiliency with enhanced benefits & perks