Sign-On Bonus $10K - RN, Emergency Room, Nights, Katy
Memorial Hermann serves as the leader of emergency medicine in southeast Texas and is home to the Memorial Hermann Life Flight® air ambulance program and Level I Trauma center. Here, you’ll get an employment experience unlike any other. If you’re looking to work with an award-winning team, this is where you belong.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The focus on teamwork is what has kept me here. There’s opportunity to grow and everyone lifts each other up so we can grow together.- Emily C., Emergency Department RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryCollaborates with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. provides Professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
Serving the Katy area for more than 30 years, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital is known for providing world-class clinical expertise, patient-centered care and leading-edge technology close to home. Nationally recognized for patient safety and quality, Memorial Hermann Katy features a 208-bed facility and a medical staff with disciplines spanning 38 specialties.
The Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital contains a Chest Pain Center, is a Level IV trauma center, and has a 242 hour Pediatric Emergency Center.
*7p-7a position with 3, 12 hour shifts per week.
*Preference given to ER experienced RNs.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Sign-On Bonus $500 - PCT, Days and Nights Available - ER at Pearland Pearland Texas Nursing Support
- Sign On Bonus - OR - RN Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Sign On Bonus RN - TMC - PACU (11am - 930pm) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg