Director - Corporate Strategy
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryDirects the development and delivery of strategic and tactical information, analysis and recommendations concerning the organization's competitive position in the market place, industry trends, forecasts and regulatory issues by service line acting as a trusted advisor to Senior Service Line Leadership to develop strategic plan. Responsible for working with the Service Line leaders to develop both short-term and long-term strategic plans. This role will work closely with the Regional Sr. Vice Presidents and Service Line Vice Presidents on System-wide strategic initiatives and alignment. The purpose is to improve deep understanding of business indicators and highlight connections between strategies, opportunities, and challenges. The incumbent will lead and manage a broad variety of strategic planning activities including the annual strategic planning process, and System-wide strategic planning that results from new needs or opportunities. The Director of Strategic Planning must use a high degree of collaboration and thought leadership to partner with senior executives such that they make better decisions that drive the business forward.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters degree in business or related field is preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of experience in related field
- Advanced understanding of industry data elements and business management
- Advanced proficiency in analytical and statistical tools to analyze and interpret data including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint software
- Strategic thinker with in-depth analytical skills and continuous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills interacting with key stakeholders including the ability to effectively communicate a large volume of information in a succinct and clear manner
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously in a timely and accurate manner and works independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “Advancing health. Personalizing care” through compassion, courage, credibility, and commitment to community.
- Works collaboratively with Regional and Service Line leaders in exploring ideas to drive strategic plan development (1-year, 3-5 year) defining value creation roadmap with specific ideas & initiatives defining value-at-stake, investments required, and timing of value capture.
- Drive sequencing and prioritization of initiatives based on value creation potential with clear project management support.
- Ability to facilitate strategic thinking and thought leadership among senior leaders (service line leaders, facility CEOs and executive leadership).
- Provide planning consultation, facilitation, and support; applying the environmental assessment and System strategic plan to the annual strategic plan for the service line and align with specific implementation roadmap across key regions/ facilities.
- Assists senior leadership in shaping the agenda for broader Strategic Planning meetings and sub-committee meeting. Facilitates the development of meeting content and presentations.
- Provide over-arching support for oversight and implementation on an ongoing basis (tracking of performance, recalibration/redirection based on evolving market trends, and problem-solving issues)
- Be a problem-solving partner to key issues that arise and ensure implementation is on track
- Consults with Senior Leadership interpreting market data to support or modify business direction.
- Develops and implements cross-functional data strategies in support of company-wide goals.
- Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile