Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Nurse Residency Programs
When you start your career with Memorial Hermann, you’ll start it in the best way possible. We offer a cohort-focused model where you can grow and develop your nursing skills in a supportive setting. Our program is structured to help you develop in three critical areas: leadership, quality outcomes and professional role.
Through the Nurse Residency Program, Memorial Hermann is investing in the future of healthcare, the profession of nursing and in you. We’re giving you a strong foundation to build your career as we help you develop from an advanced beginner into a competent, professional nurse.
- The Mission of the Memorial Hermann Health System Nurse Residency Program is to build compassionate, quality-focused nurses by providing an exceptional transition to practice program.
- Provides you a comprehensive transition-to-practice program that is supported by the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ curriculum and by ongoing Memorial Hermann Clinical Development programs.
- Lasts 12 months and offers an interactive, evidence-based curriculum designed to build clinical skills and support the professional development of new nurses.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Ideal candidates will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program.
- Current, unencumbered Texas RN license.
- BLS Certification.
- Applications for the next Nurse Residency Cohort are being accepted February 17– 24, 2019.
- Those selected after the application period will be invited to Match Days at the locations selected in the application. Details about Match Days will be delivered to applicants by recruiters after the application period is closed.
- Start date for this cohort is July 2019.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered for the system Nurse Residency Program, you must complete an application via the Memorial Hermann careers website. Please follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete an online employment application. One position is posted for all locations and specialties – only apply to this position. Submit one application only – each applicant will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations.
Step 2: Attach a current copy of your resume. You may provide a transcript and letters of recommendation later, once contacted by a recruiter about Match Day.
Step 3: If you qualify for the system Nurse Residency Match Day interview, you will receive a separate email from email@example.com that will include a link to the Behavioral Assessment that must be completed within 48 hours of receiving the link. Please click the link and log in with the provided username and password. Those who do not complete the assessment within 48 hours of receipt may not be eligible to participate in the program.
Memorial Hermann will offer Nurse Residency Match Day interviews two or three times per year to give new graduates an opportunity to apply for Memorial Hermann's System Nurse Residency Program. Once you've applied, a recruiter will contact you with specific dates, locations and instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, however one application submission is all that is required. Each application will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations and you will have the ability to indicate which locations you prefer during the application process.
Announcements about when each Program will begin will go out on Memorial Hermann's Facebook page (Memorial Hermann Careers) in February, May and September.
The number of positions varies by specialty and by campus. Once you apply, recruiters can provide additional details specific to the campus you're interested in.
A recruiter will contact you with further instructions and details for your specified Match Day interview after the application period closes. Notification of acceptance may take up to one full month after the application closes.
Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program, current Texas RN license or temporary permit and BLS certification. Degree requirement may vary by campus.
The Nurse Residency Program is available in many specialties including ICU, Trauma, Emergency, Perinatal, Perioperative, Acute Care and many more.
- Successfully complete the NCLEX prior to the first day of employment.
- Sign a Tuition Reimbursement Agreement and commit to two years of employment with Memorial Hermann when you accept employment in the System Nurse Residency Program.
- Commit to attend and actively participate in the monthly nurse residency classes for the duration of the one-year program.
- Complete all of the specialty core curriculum classes per specialty.
- Complete an evidence-based project of your choice on your own or with a team.
- Attend the Nurse Residency Graduation celebration at the end of the one-year program.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile