Nurse Residency Program
If you want to be an exceptional nurse today as well as tomorrow, start here. Through our Nurse Residency Program, we’re equipping our next generation of nurses with unmatched technical excellence as well as instilling in them the need for the compassionate, human dimension of care. This is where you can help move healthcare forward, work alongside the best and build your own career your own way.
In our cohort-focused model, you can grow and develop your nursing skills in a supportive setting. You’ll gain skills in three critical areas: leadership, quality outcomes and professional role. After you build a strong foundation, you’ll have opportunities across our system to continue to progress in your career.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Practice Transition Accreditation Program (PTAP)™ sets the global standard for residency or fellowship programs that transition registered nurses and advanced practice registered nurses into new practice settings. The ANCC’s PTAP accreditation means Memorial Hermann’s Nurse Residency Program delivers the knowledge, skills and professional behaviors new nurses need to deliver safe, high-quality care.
Several Memorial Hermann hospitals participate in the system’s Nurse Residency Program. The PTAP accreditation distinction marks the first for the system and reflects the standardization achieved.
The ANCC certifies individual nurses, recognizes healthcare organizations for nursing excellence through the Magnet Recognition Program®, Pathway to Excellence®, and Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® Program, and accredits providers and approvers of continuing nursing education, nursing skills competency programs, and nurse residency and fellowship programs.
Accredited practice transition program with distinction – American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The Mission of the Memorial Hermann Health System Nurse Residency Program is to build compassionate, quality-focused nurses by providing an exceptional transition to practice program.
- Provides you a comprehensive transition-to-practice program that is supported by the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ curriculum and by ongoing Memorial Hermann Clinical Development programs.
- Lasts 12 months and offers an interactive, evidence-based curriculum designed to build clinical skills and support the professional development of new nurses.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum Nursing GPA of 3.0.
- Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program.
- Current, unencumbered Texas RN license.
- BLS Certification.
- Applications for the next Nurse Residency Cohort will be accepted September 12-19, 2021 for those expecting to graduate from nursing school in December 2021.
- Those selected after the application period will be invited to Match Days at the locations selected in the application. Details about Match Days will be delivered to applicants by recruiters after the application period is closed.
- Start date for this cohort is March 2022.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered for the system Nurse Residency Program, you must complete an application via the Memorial Hermann careers website. Please follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete an online employment application. One position is posted for all locations and specialties – only apply to this position. Submit one application only – each applicant will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations.
Step 2: Attach a current copy of your resume, transcripts and letters of recommendation to your application.
Step 3: If you qualify for the system Nurse Residency Match Day interview, you will receive a separate email from email@example.com that will include a link to the Behavioral Assessment that must be completed within 48 hours of receiving the link. Please click the link and log in with the provided username and password. Those who do not complete the assessment within 48 hours of receipt may not be eligible to participate in the program.
Memorial Hermann will offer Nurse Residency Match Day interviews two or three times per year to give new graduates an opportunity to apply for Memorial Hermann's Nurse Residency Program. Once you've applied, a recruiter will contact you with specific dates, locations and instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, however one application submission is all that is required. Each application will be considered for all Memorial Hermann locations and you will have the ability to indicate which locations you prefer during the application process.
Announcements about when each Program will begin will go out on Memorial Hermann's Facebook page (Memorial Hermann Careers) in February, May and September.
The number of positions varies by specialty and by campus. Once you apply, recruiters can provide additional details specific to the campus you're interested in.
A recruiter will contact you with further instructions and details for your specified Match Day interview after the application period closes. Notification of acceptance may take up to one full month after the application closes.
Completion of nursing degree (ADN or BSN) from an accredited program with a minimum Nursing GPA of 3.0, current Texas RN license or temporary permit and BLS certification. Degree requirement may vary by campus.
The Nurse Residency Program is available in many specialties including ICU, Trauma, Emergency, Perinatal, Perioperative, Acute Care and many more.
- Successfully complete the NCLEX prior to the first day of employment.
- Sign a Tuition Reimbursement Agreement and commit to two years of employment with Memorial Hermann when you accept employment in the System Nurse Residency Program.
- Commit to attend and actively participate in the monthly nurse residency classes for the duration of the one-year program.
- Complete all of the specialty core curriculum classes per specialty.
- Complete an evidence-based project of your choice on your own or with a team.
- Attend the Nurse Residency Graduation celebration at the end of the one-year program.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Cardiovascular Tech, Days Cypress Texas Cardiovascular Services