Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Northeast
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummarySign on Bonus-$10,000.
Shifts Available: Nights.
Career Ladder: RCP I, II, III, IV, RCP Manager, RCP Director.
Position responsible for recommending and administering basic and advanced therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, including arterial blood gases, neonatal procedures, trauma care and ventilator transports, to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients in adult and neonatal critical care units. Functions as a resource to RCP I and RCP II's. Participates and leads advanced patient education. Actively involved in departmental operations.
Education:Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) orRegistered Respiratory Therapist-Adult Critical Care Specialty (RRT-ACCS) orRegistered Respiratory Therapist-Sleep Disorders Specialty (RRT-SDS) required
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License
- BCLS and two (2) of the following: ACLS, NPS, PALS, NRP, CPFT, RPFT, RPSGT, CPR Instructor, ACLS Instructor, NRP Instructor, PALS Instructor, or Asthma Certified Educator
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of three (3+) years experience with two (2) years of critical care experience
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Mentors / leads/ trains lesser experienced practitioners.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the CQI process. Perform respiratory care quality assurance problem solving and take appropriate actions.
- Makes clinical rounds, assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of therapy, make recommendations or refer problems through the Quality Assurance Program. Perform all duties as described in the RCP II skills check-off.
- Performs the following: patient assessment, intubations, assists with patient transports, interprets arterial blood gases, pulmonary function testing, hemodynamics and chest x-rays as indicated in skills check-off for RCP II. Develops respiratory care plan and makes recommendations for patient management. Serves as a resource person to RCPI/RCPII.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical records and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently according to policies and procedures.
- Assists with annual and semi-annual regulatory evaluation and training requirements: (CPR, OSHA, MSDS, HIV and Fire Safety). Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and accuracy of practice. Executes new product and equipment evaluation process. Participates in the evaluation of new respiratory care equipment.
- Provides in-service education and training to respiratory care personnel and present in-service and patient education programs to nurses, physicians and community at least twice a year. Promotes individual professional growth and development of respiratory staff by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization. Remains current in respiratory care through continuing education, participation in in-service training, and review of journals. Work with RCP IV in research and publishing.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles. Specific age groups that are served by this position are circled:
| Neonate | Infant | Pediatric | Adolescent | Adult | Adult/Geriatric |
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Nurse Fellowship Program – Red Duke Trauma Institute, Medicine Services, and Emergency Department Services at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center (For Internals Only) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Medical Assistant - MHMG Firethorne Katy Texas Medical Assistants
- Sr Medical Tech - Lab Processing/Phlebotomy Houston Texas Laboratory Services