PT, Acute Care - TMC
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryAssesses patients, develops and initiates treatment plans based on the results of the evaluation. The evaluation may include measurements of neuromuscular and skeletal functions. Provides direct patient care. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. May assist Level II & III physical therapists and leadership with program development. May provide training and guidance to students, interns and other staff. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians.
Texas Medical Center
Education: Bachelors orgraduate degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university-based Physical Therapy program
Licenses/Certifications:Current license to practice Physical Therapy by Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners or eligibility. Current certification in Basic Life Support.
A physical therapist practicing direct access:
Education: Doctoral degree along with a residency or fellowship program, OR
Licensed therapist with 30 hours of continuing competence activities in differential diagnosis
Licenses/Certifications: Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners license.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- The position requires occasional/frequent pushing and lifting 75 – 100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements physical therapy treatment program and provides basic physical therapy treatments. Demonstrates competency in performing basic physical therapy skills. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians. Assesses patients regularly to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated. Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patients/caregivers, professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Materials Management Attendant, Days - Katy Katy Texas Allied Health, Materials Management
- Supplemental Materials Management Attendant SW (days) Sugar Land Texas Allied Health, Materials Management
- Social Worker Sugar Land Texas Nursing, Social Services