Program Director - Cardiovascular Imaging
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for leading, directing, and supporting strategic and operational initiatives for an assigned Service Line by working in collaboration with care delivery sites, regional administration, management teams, and medical staff in accordance with established goals and benchmarks. Additionally, responsible for partnering with business development to ensure successful implementation of strategic plans in order to achieve business objectives and enhancing existing lines of business by establishing relationships with physicians, customers, and patient relations. The Program Director of Service Line will operate with accountability to the Vice President of the Service Line, SVP of the Service Line, Care Delivery Site Executives, Ambulatory Executives, MHMG and Post-Acute care networks.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field; Master’s preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Eight (8) – Ten (10) years of healthcare experience working in a clinical setting and five (5) years of management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of staff.
- Ability to lead and implement change.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops monitors and directs system-wide initiatives in an assigned key service line ensuring the highest quality care is delivered; identifies needs of participating facilities and service line initiatives and provides for accordingly; remains available, accessible and visible to senior management; recognizes achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Analyzes and establishes business strategy, adhering to system and facility strategic goals; develops strategic business plans and performs operational analysis; stays up-to-date on new developments in
- the field and incorporates such in the scope of services; reviews facility policies, procedures, and
- systems; complies with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards; conducts appropriate
- promotional activities and participates in system marketing activities.
- Participates in overall service line strategic planning initiatives while serving as the conduit between the key campus leadership and the system strategic planning and service line leadership personnel to ensure continuity and execution. Demonstrate leadership by supporting the medical staff in the service area to achieve growth initiatives, quality outcomes, operational improvements and patient satisfaction.
- Develops and monitors strategic action plans to include medical staff development, growth and other strategic and operational issues as directed by the Vice President of the Service Line in cooperation with care delivery site leadership. Assures that revenue, contribution margin, quality metrics and growth initiatives meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits reports; forecasts and suggests corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Collaborates with the Network Performance Team (NPT) performance and process improvement initiatives to ensure execution on strategic initiatives driven by/with Care Delivery Site Executives, Ambulatory, MHMG and Post-Acute care networks.
- Ensures the service line meets performance metrics that reflect patient experience, customer service, quality, and desired patient outcomes. Maintains current knowledge of advancements and developments in service line treatments and service offerings
- Provides innovative ideas and a disciplined management approach toward the achievement of Memorial Hermann financial objectives. Provides the conceptual and analytical information to illustrate how the financial investment in development initiatives contributes to the overall objectives contained in the annual operating budget.
- May be involved in proactively seeking out opportunities to develop business and capitalizing on market opportunities that are presented, or enhancing existing business through established relationships with physicians, customers, and patient relations.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile