Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Sterile Process Tech - PT, Nights
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for the preparation and packaging of surgical instruments for sterilization utilizing principles of Standard Precautions and utilizing Principles of Event Related Sterility.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. One (1) year of formal training or education in a related allied/clinical healthcare profession.
- Licenses/ Certifications:
Required: Certified by the Board of Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management (IAHCSMM); or must obtain within one (1) year of hire date.
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Sterile Processing or a related allied/clinical healthcare profession role (e.g. Medical Assistant, Scrub Tech, etc).
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English language.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver supplies and equipment in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and apply problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Fundamental knowledge of the Sterile Processing department rules, procedures and processes.
- Accurately handles and cares for instruments/equipment appropriately, including appropriate selection of cleaning agents, lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly according to count sheet and preparation for sterilization.
- Identify, document, and report equipment and tools in need of repair and ensures maintenance is completed.
- Organizes, prepares, assembles, and sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies according to hospital/medical facility standards of sterilization.
- Correctly peel-pack supplies/instruments, wraps instruments for sterilization, inspects each instrument for use, function, completeness, and cleanliness.
- Load, monitor, operate and maintain different types of cleaning and sterilization equipment and machinery accurately and safely.
- Assists in maintaining records of all equipment and supplies, ordering of supplies as needed, and monitoring quality control and infection control standards.
- Increases knowledge base by accepting more complex assignments regularly.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile