SLP Clinical Coordinator, Outpatient - The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for the evaluation and rehabilitation of patients of all ages with communication and oral-pharyngeal disorders of functional or neurological origin, in order to facilitate the development and maintenance of human communication and swallowing ability. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. Creates and implements program development initiatives which serve to improve patient outcomes and program growth in a cost-effective manner and in consideration of the health care environment. Serves as resource to Speech Pathologist I and II. Provides training and guidance to students and interns. Responsible for ensuring clinical excellence, appropriate supervision of assigned Speech Pathology personnel.
Education: Graduate degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited university-based speech/language pathology program.
Licenses/Certifications: Current license to practice speech/language pathology by the State Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology for Texas. Current certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Current certification in Basic Life Support. Advanced Education or clinical certification preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least 5 years of clinical experience required (unable to consider CF candidates for this position).
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician’s referral. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals. Implements a Speech therapy treatment program and provides advanced Speech therapy treatments. Demonstrates competency in performing advanced Speech therapy skills. Assesses patients periodically to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated for assessment. Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with staff, patients/caregivers and professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Supervises support staff with a professional open environment and takes an active role in ensuring safe and effective performance
- Serves as clinical resource, mentor, and clinical instructor to staff, students, hospital, schools and the community in general.
- Promote individual professional growth and development by professional organization participation and community service, advanced education, specialty certification, research project, and/or advisory board membership
- Identifies need for new departmental programs, or for revision of existing ones in response to the changing health environment. Conceptualizes, designs and implements new or revised programs.
- Assists with departmental planning including departmental strategic plans, budgets, goals, policies, procedures, standards of care and marketing.
- Initiate and oversee department projects
- Actively participate and significantly contribute to system/facility committees and taskforces
- Lead departmental committees and taskforces
- Demonstrates leadership skills by assisting manager/director with daily operations, staffing and needs as assigned by manager/director.
- Develops and presents education/in-services/journal reviews to colleagues, peers, and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Sign-On Bonus $500 - PCT, Days and Nights Available - ER at Pearland Pearland Texas Nursing Support
- Sign On Bonus - OR - RN Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Sign On Bonus RN - TMC - PACU (11am - 930pm) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg