The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for preparing patient for treatment and assists therapists with patient care. Always under direct supervision of a licensed staff member for patient care. Responsible for routine departmental tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate fundamental clinical information to patients and caregivers who have various levels of clinical understanding
- The position requires occasional/frequent lifting up to 75/100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Administers treatments or procedures as delegated by therapist and directly supervised by therapist and/or therapist assistant or athletic trainer. These activities designated and defined by therapist may include, but are not limited to: therapeutic exercise program, transporting patients, functional activities, supervised mobility activities, ultrasound, heat/cold applications, electrical stimulation treatments, hydrotherapy/wound care/dressing application and cleaning of department.
- Maintains and distributes linen.
- Communicates effectively with the supervising therapist, therapist assistant, athletic trainer, and other professional colleagues. Completes routine documentation duties accurately and efficiently..
- Assists department managers with various tasks or specific projects
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On - RN - Surgical Tele (Northeast/Humble), Full-Time, Days Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- OR Coordinator/ Scheduler, FT Days Houston Texas Surgical Services
- Telemetry Monitoring Tech, PRN Nights Humble Texas Imaging / Diagnostic, Allied Health, Laboratory Services, PRN