PRN OT, TIRR at The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas; Houston, Texas
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Supplemental Occupational Therapist assesses patients then develops and initiates a treatment plan based on the results of the evaluation. The evaluation may include measurement of physical, cognitive, perceptual and/or developmental skill as they relate to maximizing level of independence in the occupational performance areas along the continuum of life. The incumbent documents findings, progress and provides instruction to patients and caregivers.
Education: Bachelors or graduate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university-based Occupational Therapy program
Licenses/Certifications: Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners license required
- One (1) year of experience preferred
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to mentor/train staff or supervise clinical interns
- Provides clinical leadership and demonstrates expertise for a particular patient type/group or enhances an existing clinical program for that particular patient type/group
- Serves as a clinical resource for hospital and/or system or departmental committee/task force or initiates and/or provides leadership in an ongoing departmental interest/study group
- Designs and implements original staff development program which facilitates the clinical competencies of other staff members
- The position requires occasional to frequent lifting up to 75-100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting.
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Ability to commit to elected commitment schedule, with flexibility in scheduling and in moving within patient care areas when necessary
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician’s referral.
- Accurately interprets evaluation findings.
- Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements an occupational therapy treatment program and provides advanced occupational therapy treatments.
- Demonstrates competency in performing advanced occupational therapy skills.
- Assesses patients periodically to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated.
- Supervises assistants and rehabilitation technicians with regards to patient care.
- Motivates and instructs patients/caregivers using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patient/caregiver and professional colleagues including physicians and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Serves as clinical resource to staff, hospital, community and/or systems or departmental committee/task force. Acts as clinical instructor to OT and OTA interns.
- Assists in program development within the department.
- Assists in supervision of support staff. Demonstrates expertise in treatment of a particular patient population.
- Actively participates in organized community service/functions as a representative of the profession.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Cardiovascular Tech, Days Cypress Texas Cardiovascular Services