The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for supervising all day-to-day practice operations including administrative and clinical staffing, patient appointment scheduling, time of service collections activity, payment and claims filing accuracy/posting.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors degree preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years in related healthcare experience including three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in the eight (8) domains of medical practice management: business operations, financial management, human resource management, information management, organizational governance, patient care systems, risk management and quality management
- Strong direct performance management, tact and financial acumen preferred
- Basic knowledge of CLIA, HIPAA, NCQA, and OSHA medical office regulations
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to patient, provider, and employee satisfaction
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Promotes the treatment of patients through efficient scheduling, clinical care and flow, collections processes, and outstanding customer service.
- Assists with planning, development, and direction of capital expenditures, business objectives, departmental goals, and special projects.
- Leads in the preparation of departmental compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assigns work and manages the activities of practice personnel. Trains, monitors and evaluates staff as necessary.
- Understands the fundamental importance of customer service and develops processes and culture that support excellent customer service, the adherence to regulatory standards and the achievement of business objectives.
- Supports the instruction of educational programs that promote staff competency.
- Monitors quality improvement efforts and makes recommendations for change as necessary.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile