Patient Care Director of Medical Critical Care
The Woodlands, Texas
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for providing leadership, direction and support for one or more patient care departments, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients; and for planning, implementing, reviewing and controlling the budget, staffing, and robust process improvement.
Memorial Herman is a Magnet facility with 397 licensed and used beds. Established Level 2 Trauma Center with a dedicated Trauma unit that continues to grow. The Woodlands has a medical perspective of critical care with a continuum of care having an IMU and ICU.
*This Director will manage the MICU, IMU & 6East General ICU
*Approximately 100 FTEs
*3-5 years of ICU, IMU, ER or PACU Manager or Director experience
required; previous Director experience strongly preferred
*Master's degree required
Education: Bachelors of Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required; Masters Degree required
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Professional Certification in clinical area or management within one year of hire preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of progressive clinical experience; see attached Table 1 for Direction I-IV leveling
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Directs the day-to-day operations for assigned patient care departments, maintaining 24/7 operational responsibility and directing clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Reviews and approves all new hires, establishes and controls standards for performanceappraisals; works with managers to identify staffing needs and provides for accordingly; coordinates training needs of staff with education department; remains available, accessible and visible to staff; recognizes staff’s achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Works with service line leaders and managers to establish departmental scope of service, goals and strategic plan for the department; stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the department’s scope of service; reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems; conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital market activities.
- Monitors and directs all patient care activities.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Promotes physician input and communication; includes medical staff in planning new or revised policies, procedures and services; provides rapid response and follow-up to medical staff issues/concerns; seeks new ways to encourage new physicians to utilize hospital services.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing requirements and standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental Enteral Technician- Medical Center Houston Texas Allied Health, Dietary Services
- PRN Visitor Screener-Alvin Texas, Central Staffing Alvin Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Nursing Support
- CT Tech Cypress (part time varied schedule) Cypress Texas Imaging / Diagnostic