MHMG Regional Director of Operations
The Woodlands, Texas; Houston, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryResponsible for the regional operations and fiscal responsibilities of assigned physician practices. Key areas of responsibility include: operations, revenue & expense management, capital planning & application, staffing, performance reporting, supply chain, and collaboration with system & support services. This position is also responsible for promoting positive relations among medical staff and personnel. The Regional Director reports directly to the VP, Physician Practice Operations within the physician practice enterprise and has a dyadic working relationship with the Regional Medical Director. All practice managers within the assigned region report to this position.
Education: Bachelors degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Management or related field required; Masters degree preferred
Licenses/Certifications: None required; Fellowship status in ACHE or MGMA is preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in physician group practice management required
- Two (2) years of experience managing a group practice with 40+ employees preferably in a multi-site environment is strongly desirable
- Must demonstrate excellent professionalism, communication skills, leadership behaviors, and critical thinking skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other key stakeholders in the healthcare system
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office competency required; specialized Excel and financial modeling competencies are preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Working with the practice manager(s) and physicians to facilitate and confirm consistent operational flow through the clinic is maintained and adhered to.
- Staying abreast of key revenue cycle indicators and taking action if problems are discovered in order to resolve; holding practice manager(s) accountable for key indicators and providing additional training if needed.
Operating Expense Management
- Monitoring expenses to keep clinic within budget parameters; taking action if expenses exceed budget; Monitoring staff and physician scheduling as related to overtime.
Capital Planning & Application
- Working with the regional medical director and practice manager(s) to identify capital purchases and also directly any needed renovations within the region.
- Working with the regional medical director and practice manager(s) to adhere to a clinic staffing model that keeps expenses within budget, but also maximizes patient flow, clinical collaboration, and clinical outcomes.
- Monitors physician productivity and quality metrics and works with the regional medical director to counsel and step in if physician indicators fall below contract and/or budget levels.
- Through expense management confirms vetted vendors are used and keeps supplies within budgeted parameters and works with the Director of Clinical Operations to provide leverage.
Support & System Services
- Provides support to practice manager(s) to collaborate with their peers in system services to provide a comprehensive care continuum for the patient that ultimately improves patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile