Materials Management Attendant (Full-time Days)
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for receiving and distributing materials in the Materials Management department and for reconciling and maintaining related records.
Materials Management Attendant (Full-time: 7a-3:30p)
*Previous PAR Attendant/Materials Attendant experience strongly preferred (experience with inventory and disbursement of supplies throughout the hospital on a daily basis)
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- 1 year materials management experience.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Receives all materials, unpacking/uncrating items, and verifying accuracy of items received with the packing slip and original purchase order.
- Conducts research, follow-up, and problem resolution as required. Contacts vendors regarding shipping errors and any unacceptable conditions of items received.
- Documents requisitions regarding items received and items back-ordered; attaches requisitions to items and sends to appropriate department.
- Ships items to the appropriate department. Stocks and maintains back-up inventories in materials holding area, filling and distributing orders as requested.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.