Materials Management Attendant (Full-time Days)
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for preparing and distributing materials received in the Materials Management department.
Materials Management Attendant (Full-time: M-F / 8a-4:30p)
*Previous PAR Attendant/Materials Attendant experience strongly preferred (experience with inventory and disbursement of supplies throughout the hospital on a daily basis)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Basic math skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Counts, compares, and documents differences between total number of items received and total number of items on the shipping bill. Matches packing lists with purchase orders and verifies that materials received match materials ordered.
- Checks and reports receipt of damaged materials.
- Stocks and maintains back-up inventories in materials holding area, filling and distributing orders as requested.
- Makes scheduled deliveries of equipment and supplies to appropriate departments.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.