Imaging Tech Aide, FT Day
The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for assisting technologist in performing examinations within the scope of service of the Imaging Department. Assist in all aspects of diagnostic imaging, under the direction of a licensed technologist. Communicate with staff in regards to patient’s needs in a fast paced environment. Maintain adequate supplies in all imaging suites within department. Follow work rules and regulatory requirements. Performs other related duties as requested.
Shift M-F 8-5 starting shifting to Matrix schedule.
Education: High School graduate or GED
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience in healthcare setting or currently enrolled in an accredited school for Radiologic Technology
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Windows and use of electronic mail
- Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Meets expectations in customer service.
- Performs advanced direct and indirect patient care, under the direction of an Radiology Tech, as specified in the skills inventory, in a competent manner, according to the needs/age of the patient/population served; assists in planning and implementing direct patient care; documents care provided in patient medical record in accordance with hospital policies/procedures.
- Assists personnel in meeting patient/family learning needs; maintains communication with healthcare team members to ensure quality of care.
- Enters physician orders via computer and coordinates schedules of diagnostic testing; assists patients with written teaching protocols; maintains proper stock of linen and all medical and clerical supplies; and assists with technical matters related to PACS, RadNet or other computer based applications.
- Answers departmental telephones as necessary. Verifies information and resolves common problems.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Patient Access Representative, Emergency Room, 7p - 7a (Wednesday to Saturday) Houston Texas Administrative / Support Services
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse- Nights, Southeast Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- RN - Labor & Delivery - Nights The Woodlands Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery