Heart and Vascular Data Abstractor
The Woodlands, Texas
As part of our commitment to deliver extraordinary patient care, we redesigned our care management function. On this integrated care team, you’ll be empowered to streamline practices, improve safety and reliability of care, develop standards for medical necessity, reduce costs by eliminating unnecessary variation, and ultimately, create a better patient experience. You’ll help ensure every patient who walks through our doors receives an exceptional end-to-end patient care experience and gets home quickly and safely.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
As a part of the Care Management team, we get to help navigate and support patients, families, and the medical care team through complicated situations.– Michelle O., Case Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Clinical Quality Reviewer's chief responsibility is to collect and submit reliable data to the indicated registries and/or databases. This is accomplished through high-quality data compilation, documentation and entry into the database of all eligible cases. This position participates in the performance improvement process by interfacing with all applicable hospital departments and medical staff to ensure implementation of the performance improvement plan. The clinical reviewer works closely with the members of the Quality and Patient Safety Department Performance Improvement specialists to identify opportunities for clinical quality improvement and other special projects as may be identified.
Education: Bachelors Degree in nursing or other clinical specialty required or current enrollment in an American Nursing Association credentialed Bachelors of Nursing program and completion within two (2) years from date of hire
Licenses/ Certifications: (None)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years clinical experience to ensure knowledge base sufficient to support clinical performance improvement initiatives
- Ability to locate information in various sources to gather data in a complex hospital system environment
- Clinical knowledge of assigned clinical conditions and physiological systems to discern the impact of specific indicators on outcomes and to identify potential gaps in clinical care processes
- Previous Clinical chart review and abstraction experience preferred
- Three years of experience in Quality improvement, Performance Improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer operation, internet access, MS Office products (Word, Excel required; PowerPoint preferred)
- Ability to interact with all members of the healthcare team and administrative staff in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to build relationships and gain alignment for clinical support from superiors and peers
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Collects and submits data in a systematic way to all indicated registries and databases.
- Identifies opportunities for performance improvement based on reliable data trending; recognizing and analyzing undesirable patterns or trends in performance.
- Works in conjunction with hospital Quality Patient Safety and Infection Control teams to implement and revise the Performance Improvement Plan for designated campuses as needed.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Maintains the requisite skills to complete analysis on data points that will drive performance improvement.
- Attends meetings as needed to ensure reliable data collection of core measures.
- Demonstrates applicability of the core measures methodology and the reliability of definitions utilized by reviewers through Inter-Rater Reliability (IRR) testing.
- Effectively utilizes software applications for data collection and analysis.
- Accountable for accurate and timely entry of data into the database and meeting caseload requirements.
- Responsible for timely communication with clinical providers and stakeholders when gaps and/or fall-outs in clinical processes are identified.
- Serves as an educational resource on the core measures methodology and algorithms for internal and external audiences by developing educational materials and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with others to achieve desired work results.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Patient Access Representative, Emergency Room, 7p - 7a (Wednesday to Saturday) Houston Texas Administrative / Support Services
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse- Nights, Southeast Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- RN - Labor & Delivery - Nights The Woodlands Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery