Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Critical Care-Neuro - The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition develops, implements, and monitors clinical pharmacy programs to improve patient care with an additional focus on decreasing cost; provides clinical services to patients and professional staff; interacts with medical staff on drug utilization and cost containment. May be asked to assist in supervising the activities of all department employees in consultation with the department Director and/or Pharmacy Manager.
PGY1 or PGY2 required in Critical Care is essential.
Neuro experience is highly desired but not required.
Day Shift position but will take clinical calls.
Education: Bachelor of Science with equivalent experience or clinically oriented Master of Science degree accepted or Doctorate of Pharmacy degree; Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience preferred
Licenses/Certifications:Licensure in State of Texas; Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an in-house program or other accredited program if appropriate
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to promote teamwork, build effective relationships, and to lead/facilitate work groups
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer-assisted devices
- Familiarity with health care reimbursement environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops and maintains a communication system which assures effective flow of information to and from staff.
- Serves as a role model for competent professional practice by educating, mentoring, and supporting pharmacy students, staff, residents, and peers.
- Seeks and recommends potential opportunities for cost containment.
- Seeks new ways of improving clinical pharmacy services. Works with others to continually identify areas for improvement.
- Effectively plans and manages resources for continuity of care between the patient care area, Pharmacy and other settings.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education programs. Serves as a resource to pharmacy staff, physicians, and nurses.
- Assists with clinical research designed to evaluate clinical and economic outcomes of drugs and drug regimens.
- Works to develop, coordinate, and evaluate target drug programs, restricted drug programs, medication use-based performance assessment and improvement indicators, drug usage evaluation programs and cost containment programs.
- Develops and implements utilization reviews targeted for expensive, potentially harmful or improperly used drugs.
- Provides direction and guidance for development and review of clinical pharmacy educational services. Assists with implementation of educational programs for physicians and nursing staff.
- Oversees the clinical students/residency program.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K SIGN-ON BONUS! RN - Labor & Delivery - 7PM-7AM Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery
- Special Procedures Technologist -FT, Days, Southwest Hospital Houston Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Mammography Technologist Spring CCC Spring Texas Imaging / Diagnostic