Certified Surgical Tech, Days
The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for providing expert perioperative patient care through the use of equipment and instrumentation. Position functions as a scrub assistant to the physician performing operative and/or invasive procedures. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and as outlined in the Surgical Technologist Skills Inventory; uses knowledge/expertise to act as a role model and resource for other staff.
Learn more about our $2500 Sign-On Bonus!
Certified Surgical Tech, Days
*Part time; 6:30am-5pm, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (call required)
*CST and BLS required
*2+ years of General Surgery experience required
*Hospital OR experience preferred
This position is located at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands.
Education: Graduate of a Surgical Technologist Program
Licenses/Certifications: Certified in Basic Life Support current Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Has 10 or more years experience as a surgical technologist and/or demonstrated competence in two (2) or more surgical specialties
- Demonstrates clinical competency within all specialty areas and clinical expertise in a specified number of specialty areas, as determined by the individual facility needs
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Supports goals of unit and facilitates unit operations by serving as a resource specialist for an assigned operating room area/specialty service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique, advanced surgical techniques and practice of patient care techniques for all clients undergoing elective and emergency situations; performs duties in an expert manner according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Verifies functioning and adequate availability of supplies/instruments/equipment prior to the surgical procedure as indicated by the surgeon’s preference card and other available resources; demonstrates the application of the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner that provides for optimal patient care in the OR.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff; provides orientation and in-service training to department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K SIGN-ON BONUS! RN - Labor & Delivery - 7PM-7AM Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery
- Special Procedures Technologist -FT, Days, Southwest Hospital Houston Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Mammography Technologist Spring CCC Spring Texas Imaging / Diagnostic