Certified Surgical Tech, Days
The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for providing proficient perioperative patient care through the use of equipment and instrumentation. Position functions as a scrub assistant to the physician performing operative and/or invasive procedures. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and as outlined in the Surgical Technologist Skills Inventory; uses knowledge/expertise to act as a role model and resource for other staff.
Learn more about our $5K Sign-On Bonus!
*Full time; 6:30pm-7am, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday
*CST and BLS required
*2+ years of General Surgery experience required
*Hospital OR experience preferred
This position is located at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands.
Education: Graduate of a Surgical Technologist Program
License/Certification: Certified in Basic Life Support and current Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience as a surgical technologist and/or has demonstrated competency in two (2) or more specialty areas
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of perioperative patient care concepts; demonstrates the ability to perform independently as first scrub in assigned specialty areas.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides support for readiness and flow of cases to facilitate overall functioning of the unit, performing assigned duties as needed.
- Verifies functioning and adequate availability of supplies/instruments/equipment prior to the surgical procedure as indicated by the surgeon’s preference card and other available resources; demonstrates the application of the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner that provides for optimal patient care in the OR.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile