Urgent Care FT APP - Telfair
Sugar Land, Texas
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryResponsible for providing comprehensive patient care congruent with role and approved population foci (Family/Individual across lifespan, Adult/Gerontology, Neonatal, Pediatrics, Women’s Health/Gender Related, Psychiatric Mental Health) through systemic assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, and follow up affecting direct patient care.
Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Nurse
Education: Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program approved by the State of Texas. Masters required. May encompass the following specialties: CRNA, CNM, CNS, CNP. May encompass the following specialties: CRNA, CNM, CNS, CNP
- Licensed to practice professional nursing by the State of Texas
- Licensure by the State of Texas APRN and eligibility for full prescriptive authority by the State of Texas
- Certified by a recognized national certification by the State Board of Texas in area of population foci and/or additional specialty recognition beyond the APRN
- Eligibility for DEA licensure
- Basic Cardiac Life Certification or Advanced Cardiac Life Certification
Education: Graduate of a nationally accredited Physician Assistant program; Masters strongly preferred
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, Inc.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners
- Eligibility for DEA licensure
- Basic Cardiac Life Certification or Advanced Cardiac Life Certification)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years clinical experience preferred in area of intended practice
- First Assist and/or EVD experience preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides health promotion and the assessment, diagnosis, and management of patient problems which includes the use and prescription of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic intervention, assessment, triage, and therapeutic management of patient/family needs throughout the disease process and across the health wellness-illness continuum as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team, according to the age/needs of the patient population served.
- For prescriptive authority, APRN or PA acts under the delegation of a supervising physician, maintaining an active Prescriptive Authority agreement in accordance with regulations and policy.
- Practices within approved protocols, guidelines, and clinical pathways and evidence based medicine.
- Transitions between inpatient/outpatient.
- Directs and evaluates throughput; delegates or provides backup assistance including triage.
- Ability to float, round to multiple facilities and/or take call (first call).
- External Ventricular Drain (EVD) Insertion (Mischer Neurosciences only).
- Provides accurate billing, coding and documentation.
- Completes medical records and submit charges in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overall unit performance in collaboration with physicians or other providers.
- First Assist physicians in performing surgical procedures by providing support as needed.
- Obtains medical histories; performs physical examinations/ reviews/orders/interprets diagnostic tests and radiographic results; formulates and manages patient treatment plan and outcomes; provides interventions and performs procedures within legal cope and authority that the APRN or PA is approved, delegated to and credentialed to perform including but not limited to incision and drainage, pelvic exams, lesion removal/destruction, suturing, and casting/splinting.
- Collaborates in the development and evaluation of patient care. Updates clinical guidelines/protocols/pathways; works autonomously and accepts accountability for outcomes; signs orders in accordance with institution and state board requirements; collaborates in research and teaching projects and applies research to practice.
- Uses interpersonal and verbal communication skills to educate patient/family on care resources; participates in process improvement and multidisciplinary clinical outcome improvement activities utilizing advanced nursing expertise.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile