Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Sign-On Bonus $4K - RN, Surgical Unit Sugar Land, Days
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Sugar Land campus Med/Surg areas are rapidly growing! The all-private patient rooms appointed with premium amenities offers comfort and convenience. While quality and safety are the core values at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land, it is the Family Caring for Family environment that distinguishes itself from others. Come and be a part of this top notch facility!
• 30 bed General Surgical unit
• Free Charge RN and 4 PCAs on each shift
• Unit Secretary availability
• Ortho Nurse Navigator
• 4:1 ratio on days, 5:1 on nights
• Not a self draw unit, phlebotomists available
• 24/7 Hospitalists available
The RN collaborates with interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. Provides professional nursing care to patients, conducts nursing assessments, assists with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care. Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile