PRN SLP, Weekends - Sugar Land
Sugar Land, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Supplemental Speech Pathologist is responsible for the evaluation and rehabilitation of patients of all ages with communication and oral-pharyngeal disorders of functional or neurological origin, in order to facilitate the development and maintenance of human communication and swallowing ability. The incumbent documents findings, progress and provides instruction to patients and caregivers. The therapist will provide recommendations and assists speech therapists and management team with program development. The therapist will be responsible to serve as resource and mentor; oversees the development, guidance and training of assistants, students, interns and rehabilitation technicians with regards to individual patient care.
PRN coverage needed for weekends (weekdays as needed) and holidays
Training/orientation will be during the week
Sugar Land Hospital
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited university-based Speech/Language pathology program and be awarded a Masters degree in Speech/Language Pathology
Licenses/Certifications: Current license to practice speech/language pathology by the State Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology for Texas.; Current certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year of experience preferred - unable to consider CF candidates
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to mentor/train staff or supervise clinical interns
- Provides clinical leadership and demonstrative expertise for a particular patient type/group or enhances an existing clinical program for that particular patient type/group
- Serves as a clinical resource for hospital and/or system or departmental committee/task force or initiates and/or provides leadership in an ongoing departmental interest/study group
- Designs and implements original staff development program which facilitates the clinical competencies of other staff members
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Ability to commit to elected commitment schedule, with flexibility in scheduling and in moving within patient care areas when necessary
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient.
- Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician’s referral. Accurately interprets evaluation findings.
- Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements a speech/language pathology treatment program.
- Re-assess patient status and alters treatment goals, plan, and program as needed. Communicates effectively with patient and family.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues. Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- May serve as Clinical Instructor for Speech interns.
- Serves as clinical resource to staff, hospital, schools and the community in general. Acts as clinical instructor to CFY and speech interns.
- Assists in program development within the department.
- Actively participates in organized community service/functions as a representative of the profession.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental Patient Access Representative - Emergency Center Houston Texas Administrative / Support Services
- Registered Nurse - Nights, Katy Rehab Katy Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Endoscopy Tech Sugar Land Texas Surgical Services