Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryResponsible for providing medical care to patients and graduate medical education/oversight to residents at Physicians at Sugar Creek. Typically reports to the Graduate Medical Education Program Director.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Medical School
- Board Certification in appropriate specialty is required
- Subspecialty or Certificate of added qualification is preferred where relevant
- Active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas
- Unrestricted DPS and DEA licenses
Experience Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years post-residency experience (waived in rare occasions with approval of the GME Program Director)
- Maintains full privileges at Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital and other hospital(s) designated by the Program Director
- The privileges must include those for which the faculty was hired (e.g., Maternity Care Coordinator must obtain full Obstetrical privileges)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
Provides Direct Patient Care
- Provide cost-effective, evidence-based care to patients.
- Arrive for each clinical session on time
- Strive for patient-centered care
- Complete all office visit notes within 24 hours
- Respond to all phone calls within 24 hours
- Provide lab results to patients within 7 days
- Code accurately, completely, and to the highest level of specificity
Provides Precepting to Graduate Medical Education Residents
- Arrive for each precepting session on time, and remain until the last resident has completed his/her patient care
- Provide not only clinical guidance to residents, but also guidance in coding, referrals, ways to build and maintain a continuity panel, and other systems-based processes.
- Serve as a resource for Pod and Call Center nurses, responding to their needs.
- Proactively monitor the flow of patients in the Pod and help to adjust schedules as needed
- Cosign charts where required by payer or residency policy
- Complete evaluation forms for residents based on observations during precepting
- Provide conferences, workshops, etc. to residents based on residency needs
Participates in Scholarly Activities
- Participate actively in Journal Club
- Undertake research projects (clinical or otherwise) based on interests (strongly encouraged, but not required)
- Write review articles or other publications or posters (strongly encouraged, but not required)
- Take weekday and weekend call in a manner and at a frequency determined by the program director or delegate.
- Respond promptly to calls or pages from residents
- Write progress notes on patients in the hospital in a manner consistent with Medical Staff requirements and residency policies.
- Turn in lists of accurate, complete charges promptly (preferably within 72 hours of completion of call)
Performs Administrative Duties
- Attend faculty meetings, committee meetings, and other residency activities
- Meet with advisees (where relevant) at the required frequency and document each such meeting.
- Remain on-site during administrative time (rare personal chores excepted).
- Respond to all pages, emails, etc. on a timely basis.
- Complete assignments by the due date, and in the manner requested.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile