RN, Home Health Triage - Weekends
Memorial Hermann offers a variety of opportunities for Medical Surgical RNs across our system. These range from providing patient care for Neuro specific patients, to assisting Surgical Trauma patients, to providing Adult Elderly Acute Care, to helping Medical Oncology patients. And those are just a few examples. Each unit offers an opportunity to earn acute care experience and advance your knowledge. Our higher patient ratio will also help you transition to a more fast-paced environment, learning skills you would not learn in a higher acuity department.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I like that this unit is broad enough to give me a wide variety of experience. I have had the opportunity to grow my skills in so many ways because I have exposure to many specialties within one unit.– Abigail B., Medicine Teaching RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryJob Profile Summary
The Home Based Services Triage Nurse is responsible for the coordination of hospice and/or home health care service delivery after regular business hours and on weekends to adult and pediatric hospice and home health care patients, including palliative care. This individual provides clinical and administrative direction to field staff and works from the office or home. Through phone interaction or electronic communication will coordinate patient care with patient, family, care givers or hospice/home health care staff, will be responsible in responding in a timely and professional manner. The incumbent will be responsible in accessing and evaluating the needs of the patient and family with information provided, and recommends appropriate nursing interventions, as directed by the current Plan of Care. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that workflows are completed. Requires travel.
Home Health Triage Nurse - Weekends
This position will have scheduled home visits Friday – Tuesday (days off are Wednesday & Thursday). Triage on-call coverage is Friday 5p - Monday 8a. ***This position is eligible for the Sign-on Bonus $12K***
*Texas RN license and BLS required
*3+ years RN experience required
*Home Health experience required
*Must have reliable car and car insurance
*Katy/Southwest Region covers: Katy, Sealy, Hockley, Brookshire, Stafford, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Rosenberg and Needville (area is divided into teams by zip codes)
*Sign on Bonus $12K eligible
Education: Associates degree in nursing or higher
Licenses/Certifications: Current unrestricted State of Texas Registered Nurse license to practice professional nursing; Certified in Basic Life Support
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years of clinical experience, preferred in home care, long term care, hospice or palliative care
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be efficient with a high degree of accountability while working independently.
- Ability to travel to patient homes and in-patient facilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Coordinates with clinical providers to ensure pre-scheduled visits to patients are timely and based on patient and family need.
- Consults with multidisciplinary team members as indicated to determine appropriate interventions and makes recommendations.
- Maintains workflow for both hospice and home health care.
- Provides nursing care as needed; make necessary home visits to meet the needs of the patient, be attentive to the families and patients physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Counsels and provides directives to patients, family and care givers regarding symptoms, care, medications, nutrition and etc.
- Collaborates professionally with other health care providers, physician, pharmacies and care facilities to ensure optimal care for patient.
- Provides all services with full compliance with Medicare regulations, including timely professional documentation.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental Enteral Technician- Medical Center Houston Texas Allied Health, Dietary Services
- PRN Visitor Screener-Alvin Texas, Central Staffing Alvin Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Nursing Support
- CT Tech Cypress (part time varied schedule) Cypress Texas Imaging / Diagnostic