Supp Social Worker, Licd Clin - School Based Clinics
As part of our commitment to deliver extraordinary patient care, we redesigned our care management function. On this integrated care team, you’ll be empowered to streamline practices, improve safety and reliability of care, develop standards for medical necessity, reduce costs by eliminating unnecessary variation, and ultimately, create a better patient experience. You’ll help ensure every patient who walks through our doors receives an exceptional end-to-end patient care experience and gets home quickly and safely.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
As a part of the Care Management team, we get to help navigate and support patients, families, and the medical care team through complicated situations.– Michelle O., Case Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – School Based Clinics is an independent clinical practitioner providing psychological and psychosocial counseling to school/community based populations. The social worker intervenes with patients who have complex psychosocial needs, require assistance with eligibility determination for social programs and funding sources and qualify for community assistance from a variety of special funds and agencies.
Education: Graduate of an accredited masters of social work program (MSW)
Licenses/Certifications: Current license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Texas required; ACM certification from American Case Management Association (ACMA) preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years healthcare social work experience
- Acute inpatient hospital social work experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of DSM V and ICD-10 manuals
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill in social work assessment and treatment of patients for mental health status and substance abuse screening
- Excellent therapeutic communication and negotiation skills in interactions with patients, families, physicians and health care team colleagues
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge and/or experience in utilization management, managed care, and payor issues
- Exposure and/or experience in ambulatory and post-acute care, as well as, community resources
- Ability to work independently, as well as, to develop collaborative relations with physicians, families, patients, interdisciplinary team and other community agencies
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Assesses patient’s and family’s psychosocial risk factors through evaluation of prior functioning levels, appropriateness and adequacy of support systems, reaction to illness and ability to cope.
- Develops and carry out a treatment plan by the use of a clinical social work diagnoses, assessments, and treatment interventions.
- Intervenes with patients and families regarding emotional, social, and financial consequences of illness and/or disability; accesses and mobilizes family/community resources to meet identified needs. This may include short term individual, marital and family therapies as well as crisis intervention.
- Provides intervention in cases involving child abuse/neglect, domestic violence, guardianship (temporary/ permanent), institutional abuse, foster care, adoption, mental health placement, advance directives, adult/elderly abuse, child protection and sexual assault.
- Serves as a resource person and provides counseling and intervention related to treatment decisions and end-of-life issues.
- Advocates for patient and family empowerment and independence to make autonomous health care decisions and access needed services within the health care system.
- Participates in discharge planning activities for complex patients, in order to ensure a timely discharge and to provide appropriate linkage with post-discharge care providers.
- Interacts with families exhibiting complex family dynamics that impact directly on patient care and discharge.
- Communicates with the clinical and case management team members regarding the discharge planning status of all patients referred by them.
- Provides consultation to clinical and case management team members when coordination with significant or intensive community resources is necessary to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
- Receives referrals for complex patient problem resolution from clinical and case management team members.
- Works in collaboration with the clinical and case management team members on transition planning and referrals to post acute care providers. Keeps clinical and case management team members up-to-date on the status of the post-acute provider acceptance and clearance for discharge.
- Validates discharge criteria for patient and families and notifies Case Managers of newly-identified resources or change in previously-identified resources.
- Educates patient/family and physician regarding post-acute options and addresses issues of choice.
- Provides direct supervision of baccalaureate social workers, and MSWs with less than three (3) years of hospital experience.
- Provides mentorship to all levels of social work in current social trends and practice.
- Provides direct supervision to all on campus social work students conforming to each university’s and Memorial Hermann educational standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Nurse Fellowship Program – Red Duke Trauma Institute, Medicine Services, and Emergency Department Services at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center (For Internals Only) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Medical Assistant - MHMG Firethorne Katy Texas Medical Assistants
- Sr Medical Tech - Lab Processing/Phlebotomy Houston Texas Laboratory Services