Supplemental Ultrasound Technologist - Registered
Location: 16100 South Freeway,Pearland,TX 77584
Facility: Pearland Hospital
Type: Part time
Supplemental Ultrasound Technologist - RegisteredPearland Hospital
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for performing ultrasound examinations and ability to perform in other complex modalities.
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic or Sonography Technology.
- Registered Ultrasound Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-S or ARRT-VS) or Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS or RDMS-AB) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) or Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS).
- Minimum of one year experience as an Ultrasound Technologist.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann
- Prepares patients for ultrasound exam, explains procedure and ensures technical quality.
- Reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to the Supervisor/Manager.
- Participates in P.I. activities established by Imaging Services.
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.