Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting the anesthesiologist in the operating room.
Education: Graduate of accredited school for anesthesia technology; orHigh School Diploma orGED with two (2) years of current Operating Room experience
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assists anesthesiologists as directed, performing duties according to the age/needs of the patient/patient population served.
- Prepares anesthesia machine and cart with required supplies prior to each case; assists in maintaining anesthesia and monitoring equipment/ancillary devices, warmers (fluid & patient), accuracy and/or the adjustment or exchange of monitors, ventilators and gas cylinders as indicated.
- Demonstrates an ability to recognize specialty needs and anticipate preparation and follow-up i.e. CJD, MH, Airborne-TB, Latex sensitivity and Laser cases.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist with endotracheal intubation and extubation procedures during routine and emergency procedures.
- Performs inventory; orders and restocks anesthesia medications, trays and supplies; restocks anesthesia carts according to established protocol; cleans and restocks anesthesia machines, cart, supply rooms, shelves, and refrigerators as required; transports anesthesia equipment/supplies to other departments as needed.
- Ensures clean to dirty sanitation/containment and standard infection control precautions and professional performance. This includes but not limited to: vigilant sterile technique and care with invasive lines, facilitate/assist anesthesiologist in following CDC guidelines for Central Line Placement-Deterring CRBSI Catheter-related blood stream infections, disinfection and high level disinfection of semi-critical items and care of flexible scopes and specialty instrumentation.
- Actively participates in Quality Assurance and associated documentation.
- Other duties may be carried as patient care dictates, such as but not limited to: patient hair removal, blood product & blood cooler transport, patient transport, anesthetized patient positioning within national safety goals and MHHS RED Rules and Surgical Safety Checklist.
- Demonstrates the ability to assume leadership role, and is an expert in all expectations of the role.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile