Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
PT, Sports Medicine - Pasadena
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryAssesses patients, develops and initiates treatment plans based on the results of the evaluation. The evaluation may include measurements of neuromuscular and skeletal functions. Provides direct patient care. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. May assist Level II & III physical therapists and director with program development. May provide training and guidance to students and interns. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians.
Memorial Hermann offers convenient, expert care in orthopedics and sports medicine at facilities located throughout the Greater Houston area. Our affiliated experts work with people of all ages and abilities to develop individualized and comprehensive treatment programs – from injury prevention and evaluation to orthopedic surgery and post-injury rehabilitation.
Education: Bachelor’s or graduate degree in physical therapy from an accredited university-based physical therapy program.
Licenses/Certifications: Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners license.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- The position requires occasional/frequent pushing and lifting 75 – 100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients with a physician’s referral. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements physical therapy treatment program and provides basic physical therapy treatments. Demonstrates competency in performing basic physical therapy skills. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians. Assesses patients regularly to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated. Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patients/caregivers, professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Provide treatment in all areas of the department, which may include inpatients, outpatients, weekends and holidays.
- Assists in clinic education efforts, whether to patients, staff, hospital, system or to the community.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Senior Patient Care Assistant - SE Med/Surg - Nights Houston Texas Non-Licensed Patient Care, Patient Care, Nursing - All
- Patient Care Asssitant - PL Med/Surg - Nights Pearland Texas Non-Licensed Patient Care, Patient Care, Nursing - All
- Supplemental Materials Management Attendant Houston Texas Finance