Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Surgical Technologist - Certified
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for providing expert perioperative patient care through the use of equipment and instrumentation. Position functions as a scrub assistant to the physician performing operative and/or invasive procedures. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and as outlined in the Surgical Technologist Skills Inventory; uses knowledge/expertise to act as a role model and resource for other staff.
Education: Graduate of a Surgical Technologist Program
Licenses/Certifications: Certified in Basic Life Support current Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Has 10 or more years experience as a surgical technologist and/or demonstrated competence in two (2) or more surgical specialties
- Demonstrates clinical competency within all specialty areas and clinical expertise in a specified number of specialty areas, as determined by the individual facility needs
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Supports goals of unit and facilitates unit operations by serving as a resource specialist for an assigned operating room area/specialty service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique, advanced surgical techniques and practice of patient care techniques for all clients undergoing elective and emergency situations; performs duties in an expert manner according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Verifies functioning and adequate availability of supplies/instruments/equipment prior to the surgical procedure as indicated by the surgeon’s preference card and other available resources; demonstrates the application of the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner that provides for optimal patient care in the OR.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff; provides orientation and in-service training to department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab