PRN Nuclear Medicine Tech, Varied Shifts.
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThis position performs nuclear medicine exams to provide images of organs, evaluate body functions, and analyze biological specimens to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nuclear Medicine Technology or Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- One (1) the following required:
- Registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-N) orCertified by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- If performing diagnostic CT, Registered CT Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-CT) is also required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs nuclear medicine exams on patients: Prepares patients for exam; explains procedure; prepares and administers radioactive isotopes in therapeutic, diagnostic, and tracer studies using a variety of radioisotope equipment; detects and maps radiopharmaceuticals in patient bodies using imaging equipment; ensures technical quality of the images; collects, prepares and analyzes biologic specimens; prepares data for interpretation.
- Enters and monitors patient data.
- Performs quality assurance on imaging equipment. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to department management.
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Ortho/OR Registered Nurse (FT/Days) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg