Medical Tech or MLT, PRN, Varied Shifts, Weekends
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for performing various laboratory tests/procedures as assigned.
Katy Hospital seeks PRN to provide support every other weekend on Day/Evening shifts (7am- 7pm).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in biological science (Equivalency Required for Foreign Education)
Licenses/Certifications:Medical Technologist (ASCP) or Medical Technologist (AMT), Certified MLS (ASCP or ASCP-International), Certified CLS (ASCP), Certified MLS (ASCP or ASCP-International)CM or ASCP Certification Eligible
ASCP Certification Eligible:
Bachelor’s degree in biological science AND
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited MLS program within the last 5 years; or
- MLT(ASCP) certification and two years of full time acceptable laboratory experience in Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and Urinalysis/Body Fluids in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory** within the last four years; or
- CLA (ASCP) Certification and a bachelor’s degree in a biological science four years of full time acceptable experience in in Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and Urinalysis/Body Fluids in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory** within the last eight years; or
- Five years of full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and Urinalysis/Body Fluids in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory** within the last ten years
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs and documents test results, quality control, maintenance procedures and associated corrective actions according to policy/procedure.
- Manages/performs other aspects of daily lab operations including collections, sample processing, results reporting/ distribution, personnel direction (as appropriate), and clerical duties as required to maintain efficient work flow, at a competent level and according to the age/needs of the patient/populations served, communicated special circumstances to appropriate personnel.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and patients as to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory and/or reporting results out according to the policies and procedures of the Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to customer needs.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and initiatives of laboratory services, the hospital and the system; understands, communicate and complies with standards and conditions set forth by various governmental and accrediting agencies including TJC, FDA, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA and CLIA.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/ satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the PI process.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile