Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
LVN Unit Support Specialist - Home Health Southeast, Days
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Unit Support Specialist will serve as a support to the designated unit within the organization to maintain efficiency and quality of unit operations. Responsible for coordinating and maintaining a variety of non-clinical clerical functions and selected direct patient care duties under the direction of a Registered Nurse, utilizing the clinical and cognitive skills specified in the RN/LVN Skills Inventory record, including specialized and expanded skills, exhibiting broad nursing knowledge. Typically reports to the unit Manager and/or Director.
- Education: Graduate of a school of vocational nursing.
- Experience: Two (2) years hospital or long-term care facility experience as a licensed LVN.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current State of Texas license/permit to practice vocational nursing. Certified in Basic Life Support.
- Strong organizational ability; ability to be clearly understood through verbal communication in face-to face encounters and by telephone; ability to assimilate information verbally and in writing in order to compose written correspondence; strong command of English language; working knowledge of medical terminology; strong customer service management skills. Ability to communicate effectively with the healthcare team using broad nursing knowledge.
- Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures, including a working knowledge of basic medical terminology and computer software skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with increased responsibilities.
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Coordinates and maintains a variety of non-clinical and ancillary services of assigned patient care units including, but not limited to, environmental services, maintenance, central supplies, food/nutrition, and related unit support functions; monitors inventory of supplies, analyzes usage patterns and ensures optimal par levels; requisitions supplies and equipment as well as maintenance repair services; ensures that maintenance and repair needs are met.
- Receives physicians and visitors on the unit to create an environment of service; identifies, acknowledges, and responds to patient, physician, staff needs; manages patient call light process, ensuring patient needs are met within 5 minutes of request.
- Identifies and facilitates resolution of unit operational problems independently, collaborating with manager to resolve complex problems; collects and analyzes data related to unit operational activities as directed by manager to include, but not limited to, customer service, patient charges, and supply utilization.
- Communicates with physicians and take orders, enters physician orders without error within 30 minutes of receipt.
- Will be responsible in auditing charts and communicating deficiencies to RN’s.
- Performs advanced indirect patient care duties in a competent manner as directed by a physician.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time/supply management, and accuracy of practice.
- Identifies and responds to problems with appropriate action and follow-up. Reviews departmental process to seek improvement.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff; assists with the orientation of other LVNs and support staff on the unit, as assigned.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile