Cath Lab Technician- Special Procedures Tech- Katy
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryTakes radiologic films of the body requiring specialized or complicated procedures to assist in the diagnosis of diseases and injuries. Acts as an assistant to the physician during invasive radiological procedures. The senior technologist serves as a preceptor, mentor, and resource to staff. Also assists management with supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R), required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Four (4) years of prior experience as a Special Procedures Technologist
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs special/invasive radiology procedures on patients ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients for exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images
- Helps maintain appropriate patient flow and ensures delivery of quality services in the department
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills. Acts as a resource and mentor to staff and less experienced technologists. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques to the other technologists.
- Reviews incomplete exam list and unsigned report status routinely
- Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologists and department support staff
- Enters and monitors patient data and health history as its pertinent to the exam being performed
- Performs quality assurance on radiology equipment. Recommends equipment modifications. Identifies and helps to resolve equipment malfunctions. Completes initial and renewal application for ACR and any other accreditation.
- Maintains safety, environmental, and infection control procedures for the department
- Helps schedule technologists to ensure appropriate staffing for expected patient volume
- Intervenes with patients to help resolve complaints and issues
- Responsible for supply management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU RN (Mon-Fri/6am-2:30pm) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Supp Call Center Rep-The Woodlands, Central Staffing The Woodlands Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Administrative / Support Services
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU Registered Nurse - (Mon-Fri/Varied Shift (days/evenings) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR