Advanced Practice Nurse-Katy, FT, Nights
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for providing serving as expert clinician, educator, consultant, case manager, and researcher; in collaboration with the medical and nursing staff, monitors the clinical care of patients and provides clinical support to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
Education: Masters degree in Nursing with certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center or the Pediatric Nursing Certification in area of intended practice
Licenses / Certifications:
- Current State of Texas license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support; current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or obtains certification within three (3) months of hire
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years clinical nursing experience in area of intended practice; two (2) years experience in an Advanced Practice role
- Must have hospital experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
Role of Clinical Expert
- Develops and assists in the implementation of nursing care plans and standards specific to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Assists and provides direction to nursing staff with clinical decision-making and priority setting; models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of advanced concepts in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of perceived, actual or potential problems that occur in a variety of patient populations.
- Functions as a facilitator and innovator for state-of-the-art nursing care with direct involvement in implementing and evaluating new techniques and equipment for safety, cost-effectiveness, and benefits related to nursing practice.
- Completes history and physical on patients as indicated; writes medical orders per established protocols; provides approved clinical services, including removal of sutures, and complex wound care.
- Performs daily rounds on assigned physician patients. Assesses the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient data and evaluating the appropriateness of care.
Role of Educator
- Assists patients, their significant others, and families in the acquisition of information related to health and wellness, including the prevention of illness and injury; develops and implements educational information, materials, and programs for discharge planning and teaching of healthcare consumers.
- Serves as a resource to nursing staff, nursing students, and other health care personnel in the acquisition of knowledge and skills related to nursing knowledge.
- Contributes to professional nursing literature by publishing scholarly works; contributes to nursing education as a faculty member.
Role of Researcher
- Expands the scientific base of nursing practice by conducting and facilitating nursing research; disseminates research findings through presentations and publications.
- Critically analyzes current nursing research methods and results for utilization in the expansion and improvement of patient care and patient outcomes.
Role of Consultant
- Collaborates with clinical nurses and other members of the health care team to problem solve complex clinical situations for specialty needs of patients.
- Collaborates with clinical nurses and other members of the health care team to problem solve complex clinical situations for special system needs.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- *ASK ME ABOUT OUR $15K SIGN ON BONUS* Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Nights- Memorial City Houston Texas Respiratory Services
- Outreach Athletic Trainer Katy Texas Rehabilitation Services
- Patient Care Tech - Greater Heights ED (Evening & Nights Available) Houston Texas Nursing Support