Telemetry Monitoring Tech, PRN Nights
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for coordinating and maintaining specialized advanced technical skills, monitoring patients ECG rhythms, interpreting results, and communicating effectively with the healthcare team as determined by department procedure.
Education: Completion of a Telemetry Monitoring Technician education program orone (1) year of related experience required
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Knowledge of ECG rhythms, as well as knowledge of the monitoring system and the ability to review trends and alarms
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive sitting, standing, and walking
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides precise continual surveillance and analysis of cardiac rhythms on electrocardiographic central monitoring station, documenting per established procedure; interprets ECG rhythms, recognizes significant ECG events.
- Escalates significant or life-threatening changes immediately, utilizing appropriate ECG algorithm, to a Registered Nurse, as appropriate; communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner to the responsible individual within established timeframe.
- Obtains rhythm strips per hospital cardiac telemetry procedure; operates and troubleshoots all functions of the telemetry monitoring system; accounts for all monitors at the end of each assigned shift.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges patient and enters all required information in telemetry monitoring system.
- Provides and ensures the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Successfully completes MHHS dysrhythmia examination.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of responsibility and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU RN (Mon-Fri/6am-2:30pm) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Supp Call Center Rep-The Woodlands, Central Staffing The Woodlands Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Administrative / Support Services
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU Registered Nurse - (Mon-Fri/Varied Shift (days/evenings) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR