Sr. Marketing Specialist
Humble, Texas; The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryJob Profile Summary
Position is primarily responsible for the development of marketing strategies and the tactical implementation of marketing activities and initiatives including advertising, digital/social media, events, sponsorships, print collateral, internal communications, public relations, community relations and more that drive growth, market share and/or brand power for the assigned service line and/or campus/entity and ultimately the System. The Sr. Marketing Specialist develops marketing plans, evaluates strategies and tactics against objectives/goals and for brand consistency and tracks strategies and tactics to determine effectiveness. Position typically reports to a Marketing Manager or Marketing Director for the respective service line or campus/entity.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business/Strategy or related field preferred. High School Diploma/GED required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Four (4) years of professional experience with increasing responsibility in marketing or closely related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite, web-based applications, and social media platforms.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines.
- Must be able to manage within a budget and maintain accountability.
- Willing to travel locally for business purposes.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “Advancing health. Personalizing care.” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Actively participates in the development of marketing plans and manages the ongoing implementation of measurable marketing programs that are consistent with the strategic vision of the assigned service line, initiative and/or campus/entity.
- Plans and executes complex integrated branding and/or direct response marketing campaigns
- Gathers information, generates ideas, and assists in the development of or develops high quality, creative marketing campaigns for respective entity/service line. Implements related promotional plans, tactics, and materials.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of marketing activities by tracking metrics, and obtaining feedback from business partners. Analyzes results and optimizes messaging and tactics to improve performance.
- Leads and implements entity-specific internal communications efforts to include copy development and message delivery through employee newsletters, OneSource intranet site and electronic monitor screens for assigned entity or service line.
- Assists in the annual marketing planning for the assigned service line, initiative and/or campus/entity by reviewing demographic, socioeconomic and competitive data; industry and service line trends and other internal/external forces affecting continued business success.
- Coordinates and attends all internal and external marketing events, including promotion of the event, set-up, on-site logistics/ representation, evaluation of its effectiveness and anything else necessary for success. Will include some night and weekend responsibilities and at times heavy lifting.
- Researches inquiries related to the business, solves problems and investigates discrepancies, and follows up promptly with answer or solutions...
- Prepares reports, presentations, operational documents, and correspondence containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content related to business, clinical, technological, and operational activities subject to review and editing by higher-level staff members.
- Assists with preparing annual marketing budget in support of assigned service line or facility.
- Collaborates with marketing leadership, colleagues and others within the service line or campus/entity as necessary to accomplish marketing objectives. Maintains positive relationships and ensures all stakeholders work together to achieve bottom line results.
- Manages the day-to-day implementation of marketing and communications strategies and tactics, working as a team with specialists in one or more areas including digital or social media, public relations, brand and advertising, and more.
- May perform a wide variety of technical and clerical tasks to assist the team when necessary with a positive and collaborative demeanor.
- Works independently, using good judgment, on assigned projects related to overall marketing strategies.
- Advocates for safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile