Sign-On Bonus $500 – PCA- Nights
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryAssists with delegated direct and indirect patient care tasks, under the direction and supervision of a licensed clinician.
Education: High School Diploma orGED
- Certified in Basic Life Support or Heartsaver CPR with AED within 90 days of employment and
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the Texas Department of Health, preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Six (6) months patient care experience, preferably in an acute care setting; or
- No experience if Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the Texas Department of Health or
- In the Emergency Department only, no experience if graduate from EMT (Basic or Intermediate Level) orParamedic Program
- Ability to understand verbal and written instruction and communicate clearly and effectively with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures, including working knowledge of basic medical terminology and computer skills
- Efficiency in multi-tasking and ability to prioritize simultaneous situations
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive sitting, standing, and walking
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers appropriate indirect and selected direct patient care at a competent level as directed by a licensed clinician within the scope of hospital-approved PCA skills inventory according to the needs and age of the patient/population served.
- Under the guidance of the license clinician, performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens; maintains simple drainage devices; monitors intake and output, and maintains related records; performs skin preps and prepares patients for procedures as directed Identifies and responds to abnormal findings, pertinent changes in the patient’s condition reporting such to the nurse immediately, charts observations and activities.
- Reports any changes in patient’s condition to the patient’s nurse or charge nurse.
- Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared; prepares patients for meals and feeds them; performs/assists with baths.
- Transports patients as needed to and from various destinations.
- Assists with patient admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues, and ensures clean and safe patient environment; seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to nurse or charge nurse.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes; follows safety rules; works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors; and participates in organizational and department safety programs.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Materials Management Attendant, Days - Katy Katy Texas Allied Health, Materials Management
- Supplemental Materials Management Attendant SW (days) Sugar Land Texas Allied Health, Materials Management
- Social Worker Sugar Land Texas Nursing, Social Services