Sign-On Bonus 1K - Medical Assistant, Atascocita Pediatrics
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryResponsible for assisting providers in the administration of patient care in assigned clinical areas. Assists with patient examinations, procedures, diagnostic studies, treatment, and dressing changes. Also performs general administrative duties in accordance with TJC, CLIA, HIPAA, NCQA and government standards, as well as company policies and procedures. All patient care is under the direction of a physician and within the scope of a medical assistant.
** Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00 pm
**Minimum one year of experience in Pediatrics or family medicine.
**Clinic is located in Humble, TX.
- High school diploma or GED required;andGraduation from a Medical Assistant program or
- Eligible for certification by either the American Medical Technologist (AMT) or
- The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or
- National Health career Association (NHA) or National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) required.
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) ora Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) orCertified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) required within 12 months of hire; and Current American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
- Maintains required credentials.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Six (6) months of medical assistant experience required; or Completion of a medical assistant externship required.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain good communications; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, physicians, patients, families, and the public.
- Working knowledge of ICD9/10 and CPT coding and insurance procedures.
- Works primarily a pre-determined schedule but occasional requirements to work evenings or weekends depending on patient care needs may exist; ability to float to other clinic practices as needed is an expectation.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
Under the overall supervision of the Practice Manager, direct clinical supervision of the physician and within established policies and procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Delivers appropriate care to patients, at a proficient level; is cross-trained to competently care for patients in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) setting.
- Reviews charts prior to patients’ scheduled appointment to assure that all requested lab work and diagnostic procedures have been completed and that reports have been returned and are accessible to the provider.
- Reviews, obtains, and records patient vital signs, temperature, pulse, height, weight and blood pressure and reason for visit and uses the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately and follows guidelines.
- Cross trains to perform patient access tasks, including: take messages and assist providers with return phone calls to patients and pharmacies appropriately.
- Direct patients to examination rooms; assists in preparing patients for examination. Notifies provider of patient’s arrival and readiness for their examination.
- Assists providers with patient examinations and procedures, including (but not limited to) surgical procedures, GYN exams, diagnostic studies, and treatments.
- Operates and monitors functioning of equipment; hands instruments to the provider.
- Conducts hearing, vision, breathing and EKG testing; records results in chart.
- Administers medications as directed using seven rights. Performs venipuncture, collects urine specimens, and complete lab tests procedures according to policies and procedures. Handles all specimens using Universal Precautions.
- Recognizes emergency situations, seeks assistance and intervenes appropriately.
- Monitors patient during and following procedures; looks for reactions and other visible complications; reacts to emergency situations; notifies the appropriate person in the event of a medical emergency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On - RN - Surgical Tele (Northeast/Humble), Full-Time, Days Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- OR Coordinator/ Scheduler, FT Days Houston Texas Surgical Services
- Telemetry Monitoring Tech, PRN Nights Humble Texas Imaging / Diagnostic, Allied Health, Laboratory Services, PRN