Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
PRN PTA - Northeast
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPerforms routine physical therapy treatments according to patient treatment plans under the direction of a licensed physical therapist. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. Assists with program development. Provides training and guidance to students and interns. Assists Director, Manager or Level III with department operations.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist assistant or a Physical Therapist program
Licenses/Certifications: Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners license or eligibile
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year of experience preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in either operational functions or clinical program
- Occasional/frequent lifting up to 75/100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Implements a physical therapy treatment program as described by a physical therapist’s written plan of care.
- Provides physical therapy services under the supervision of the PT, and treatments are modified only as allowed by the plan of care. Is able to demonstrate physical therapy skills competently.
- May screen patients for possible PT services under the direction of a PT.
- Monitors patient’s condition and progress towards treatment goals.
- Supervises rehabilitation technicians and others with regard to patient care.
- Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using appropriate method.
- Communicates effectively with the supervising physical therapist, patient/caregiver and other professional colleagues to include physician and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Serves as a clinical resource to colleagues, other health care professionals or to the community in general. Serves as Clinical Instructor for PTA interns.
- May serve as a clinical instructor for PTA Interns.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Sign-On Bonus $10K RN - CVIMU, Nights (Southwest) Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Telemetry, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - Cath Lab
- Registered Nurse PRN - Days - General Surgery-Oncology-Trauma- Greater Heights Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - PRN
- Product Analyst Houston Texas Health Solutions