PRN COTA, Weekdays/Holidays - Northeast
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPerforms routine occupational therapy treatments according to patient treatment plans under the direction of a licensed occupational therapist,. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. Supervises rehabilitation technicians with regard to individual patient care. Assists with program development. Provides training and guidance to students and interns. Assists leadership or Level III with department operations.
PRN coverage for weekdays and holidays
Education: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant or an Occupational Therapist program
Licenses/Certification: Current License to practice Occupational Therapy by the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners. Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year of experience preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in either operational functions or clinical program
- The position requires occasional to frequent lifting up to 75-100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Implements an occupational therapy treatment program as described by an occupational therapist’s written plan of care.
- Provides occupational therapy services under the supervision of the OT, and modifies treatments only as allowed by the plan of care.
- Supervises rehabilitation technicians and others with regards to patient care.
- May screen patients for possible OT services under the direction of an OT.
- Monitors patient’s condition and progress towards treatment goals.
- Motivates and instructs patient/caregivers using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patients/caregivers, the supervising occupational therapist, and other professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Serves as a clinical resource to colleagues, other health care professionals or to the community in general.
- Serves as Clinical Instructor for OTA interns.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- PACU Registered Nurse (FT/Varied) - Northeast Hospital Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Driver Houston Texas Facilities, Environmental & Engineering
- OR Support Tech - Operating Room, FT Nights Houston Texas Surgical Services