Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Pharmacy Resource Specialist
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: No
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryIn conjunction with pharmacy departments, Pharmacy Resource Specialist is responsible for any combination of coordinating the pharmacy staff, students, and volunteers with their training, education, and documentation, ensures inventory is kept at a minimum level to minimize inventory cost, while maintaining a sufficient supply of critically needed items. The specialist may also evaluates and obtains alternate supply sources to continually ensure an adequate supply of medications. This position could also serve as the focal point of contact for answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and solving any other issues related to the Automated Dispensing Systems and may actively perform and track Quality Assurance and collaborates with managers on any training or operational challenges, and attends periodic meetings. The Pharmacy Resource Specialist also conducts departmental orientation for new pharmacy hires, pharmacy residents and students. This specialist’s functions also include coordinating initial and annual IV validations, and submitting online service requests (OSR) for all personnel as needed.
Education: Associates Degree in Business or related field required, two (2) additional years of experience in a specialized skillset with formal training may be substituted for Associates Degree
Licenses/Certifications: Current Pharmacy Tech registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy required andACPE I.V. Certification with completion of 40-hour course in I.V. admixture preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of hospital pharmacy experience required with two (2) years experience in a specialized skillset preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and develop individuals and teams using exceptional facilitation, consultanting, and customer service skills
- Mastery in all functional areas and operational activities of pharmacy
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict timelines
- Highly organized and operates at a high degree of autonomy
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Dedicates the vast majority of time to either Education, Inventory, or Systems operations within the Pharmacy department.
- Coordinates directly with internal personnel such as pharmacy employees, students and volunteers.
- Coordinates directly with external personnel such as vendors, contractors, and employees outside pharmacy.
- Provides input and contribute to the development of processes in relevant sectors.
- Supports business operations including inventory management, product shortages, financial reporting, and payroll.
- Provides feedback on new-hires’ progress to managers.
- Develop and give presentations on relevent materials as needed.
- Serve as a mentor for other technicians by helping them to achieve the necessary competency and experience.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile