Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Part-Time Surgical Technologist
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: No
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for providing proficient perioperative patient care through the use of equipment and instrumentation. Position functions as a scrub assistant to the physician performing operative and/or invasive procedures. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and as outlined in the Surgical Technologist Skills Inventory; uses knowledge/expertise to act as a role model and resource for other staff.
Education: Graduate of a Surgical Technologist Program
License/Certification: Certified in Basic Life Support and current Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience as a surgical technologist and/or has demonstrated competency in two (2) or more specialty areas
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of perioperative patient care concepts; demonstrates the ability to perform independently as first scrub in assigned specialty areas.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides support for readiness and flow of cases to facilitate overall functioning of the unit, performing assigned duties as needed.
- Verifies functioning and adequate availability of supplies/instruments/equipment prior to the surgical procedure as indicated by the surgeon’s preference card and other available resources; demonstrates the application of the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner that provides for optimal patient care in the OR.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile