OT, Acute Care - Northeast
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryAssesses patients then develops and initiates treatment plans based on the results of the evaluation. The evaluation may include tests and measurement of physical, cognitive, perceptual and/or developmental skill as they relate to maximizing the clients level of independence in the occupational performance areas along the continuum of life. Provides direct patient care. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. May assist Level II or III occupational therapists, and leadership with program development May provide training and guidance to students, interns, and other staff. Supervises assistants and rehabilitation technicians with regards to individual patient care.
Education: Bachelors or graduate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university-based Occupational therapy program
Licenses/Certifications:Current License to practice Occupational Therapy by the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners or eligibility. Current certification in Basic Life Support
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
The position requires occasional or frequent lifting up to 75-100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements an occupational therapy treatment program and provides basic occupational therapy treatments. Demonstrates competency in performing basic occupational therapy skills. Supervises COTA’s and Rehab Technicians with regards to individual patient care treatments. Assesses patients periodically to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated. Motivates and instructs patients/caregivers using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patients/caregivers and professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- May serve as Clinical Instructor for OT or OTA interns.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU RN (Mon-Fri/6am-2:30pm) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Supp Call Center Rep-The Woodlands, Central Staffing The Woodlands Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Administrative / Support Services
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU Registered Nurse - (Mon-Fri/Varied Shift (days/evenings) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR