Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Telemetry Monitoring Technician-3
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryCoordinates and maintains specialized advanced technical skills, monitoring patients ECG rhythms, interpreting results, and communicating effectively with the healthcare team as determined by department procedure.
Education: Completion of a Telemetry Monitoring Technician education program or one (1) year of related experience required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Knowledge of ECG rhythms, as well as knowledge of the monitoring system and the ability to review trends and alarms
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive sitting, standing, and walking
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides precise continual surveillance and analysis of cardiac rhythms on electrocardiographic central monitoring station, documenting per established procedure; interprets ECG rhythms, recognizes significant ECG events.
- Escalates significant or life-threatening changes immediately, utilizing appropriate ECG algorithm, to a Registered Nurse, as appropriate; communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner to the responsible individual within established timeframe.
- Obtains rhythm strips per hospital cardiac telemetry procedure; operates and troubleshoots all functions of the telemetry monitoring system; accounts for all monitors at the end of each assigned shift.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges patient and enters all required information in telemetry monitoring system.
- Provides and ensures the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Successfully completes MHHS dysrhythmia examination.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of responsibility and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile