Team Leader Materials Management TMC (evenings)
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for mentoring, training, and scheduling the work of employees in the Materials Management department.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least five (5) years Materials Management experience
- Basic math skills; advanced computer skills with knowledge of Materials Management Information Systems
- Advanced leadership and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs necessary materials management duties: stocking, counting items received, loading and shipping.
- Troubleshoots problems and solves issues on orders.
- Trains and acts as a mentor to Materials Management Attendants. Prepares work schedules, assists manager with performance issues, and gives input to manager on performance evaluations.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors, adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES OF CENTRAL SUPPLY:
- Work and manage the front desk – duties include filling orders, answering the phone, posting out inventory in the Pyxis system and greeting customers that come to the window for supplies.
- Deliver Supplies to the nursing floor – this consist of 5 different buildings. Goal to have supplies delivered within 2 hours. Some stat runs are required.
- Packs Station – build special packs/kits needed for procedures. Follow count sheets and check supplies for expiration dates
- Linen – peel pack sterile line for distribution to the floors
- Crash Carts – set up and stock crash carts. Follow count sheets and check all supplies for expiration dates.
- Airway Cart – set up and stock pedi airway carts. Follow count sheets and check supplies for expiration dates.
- Isolation Carts – set up and stock isolation carts
- Intubation Trays – clean laryngoscope blades and ready them for sterilization. Build adult/pedi/neo intubation boxes
- Restock of products within the department. Rotating stock and looking for expired products
- Keeping department and bins need and clean.
- Picking up credits and putting away returned supplies. Post credits back into inventory
- Working in bulk storage. Moving pallets, breaking down supplies from pallets and posting receipts.
- All of these duties requires an individual to be able to stand for long periods of time, extended walking and being able to lift, push or pull at least 50lbs.
- ADDITIONAL TEAM LEAD DUTIES:
- Help prepare monthly staff schedule with manager
- Prepare daily work assignment for staff
- Help fill in when short staff to assure that work is completed. This include all areas of department i.e.…front desk, packs, cart preparation, delivery, stocking supplies to shelf and breaking down pallets for afternoon outside orders)
- Pick up extra shift if short staff
- Train new staff and check off for competency.
- Help manage Central Supply inventory by doing cycle counts, managing inventory for expired product, and posting receipts to inventory.
- Help staff troubleshoot supply order request from nurses and physicians.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Patient Access Representative, Emergency Room, 7p - 7a (Wednesday to Saturday) Houston Texas Administrative / Support Services
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse- Nights, Southeast Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- RN - Labor & Delivery - Nights The Woodlands Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery