Team Leader Engineering Services TMC (Days)
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for performing all phases of maintenance duties in the repair/alteration/modification of buildings, equipment and facilities; supervising the activities of the maintenance staff.
Education: Two (2) years technical/vocational training in Engineering Technology or equivalent work experience
- Certification and/or continuing education through Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) is preferred
- Maintains Air Conditioning, Stationary Engineer, Refrigerant and/or Maintenance Electrician License as applicable
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years experience in the repair and maintenance of buildings, equipment and facilities
- Project management, lead staff experience and/or supervisory experience within facilities management field
- Demonstrates ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings and parts and maintenance manuals
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, energy management and other computerized control systems
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Supervises department personnel, making recommendations for selection, training, promotion, scheduling, discipline and termination; provides training to personnel in the use of policies/procedures/ standards of work performance.
- Participates in the orientation and continuing education of employees; instructs personnel regarding hazards and safety to ensure safe procedures/use of equipment; spot checks work to ensure that workmanship meets standards and is in compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Participates in the development/application of department quality and productivity standards; reports daily to the Engineering Manager(s) as to the Physical/structural conditions of the facility and the status of work in progress.
- Administers the preventative maintenance program to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant, providing appropriate documentation; negotiates, prioritizes and plans work schedules; makes job assignments; orders needed materials, supplies and parts; recommends use of outside specialty contractors as needed.
- Performs at a journeyman’s level in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and structure of buildings and facilities; performs major mechanical maintenance of all systems including medical gases, emergency equipment and computer systems.
- Responds to emergencies including fire alarm, power failures, water outage and natural disasters; maintain maintenance tools and observe related security measures.
- Participates in quality improvement functions and may serve on committees and task forces related to JCAHO and Safety.
- Supervises construction and renovation projects including document and design review, project meetings and periodic reviews of work in progress.
Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors, adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/ continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization, serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Nurse Fellowship Program – Red Duke Trauma Institute, Medicine Services, and Emergency Department Services at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center (For Internals Only) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Medical Assistant - MHMG Firethorne Katy Texas Medical Assistants
- Sr Medical Tech - Lab Processing/Phlebotomy Houston Texas Laboratory Services