Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Supplemental Radiation Therapist
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for simulating treatment set-ups, performing dosimetric calculations, applying radiation therapy treatments and assisting with patient care management.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiation Therapy Technology
License/Certification: Certified Radiation Therapist by the American Registry of Radiation Therapy Technologists (ARRT-T) or temporary certification for recent graduates, up to 60 days post-graduation and licensed by the Texas Department of Health (CMRT)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Simulates treatment set-ups according to physician instruction.
- Performs dosimetric calculations under the supervision of a physicist or dosimetrist, using either manual or computerized dose calculations.
- Accurately delivers the prescribed course of radiation therapy.
- Assists in Brach therapy procedures.
- Warms up treatment machines/simulator and checks all safety and operational procedures; reports any erratic operation to the physicist.
- Checks the laser positioning to ensure proper alignment.
- Verifies dose through barometer and thermometer measurements; reports any discrepancies to physicist.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile